Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Week Seven



Maus
is different than any other graphic novel I have read. At first, I was a little bored with it but as the story progressed I found that I really enjoyed reading it. This isnt a light-hearted read that most people think of when they think of comics or graphic novels. However, I dont mind that.
What was really interesting is that, to me, it seemed like the story could be written without the pictures and it would still be interesting. But the illustrations really did make it a compelling read. I liked that Art used animals to deal with stereotypes, it made the character interactions more interesting to me. Using mice and cats was clever, people easily recognize the relationship between them. By using those animals it puts people in the mindset that these two groups of people were really enemies and there is no mistaking it.

No comments:

Post a Comment